Friday, June 6, 2008

Yoga and Zumba: Getting rid of my Boomba!

As if I do not have enough to do, I started a Yoga class on Tuesday/Thursday mornings, and a Zumba class on Wednesday mornings. My goal is to become the "Sex Goddess that truly lives inside!" That is my joke, however there is much truth! If someone would have showed me ten years ago what I would look like today, I would have just died. I have never been this large. I was always the friend that everyone hated, I could eat anything, not exercise, and stay at my 5'll size 10 self. (Sigh) However, I hit 27 had my first baby, and away I went! Now after two more children, alot of self pity, emotional eating, and the diagonsis of Insulin Resistance (which has contributed) I am at ROCK BOTTOM! Quoting the song by one of my favorite singers, Wynonna Judd, "When you hit rock bottom you got no where to go, but straight up..."
It just dawned on me, once this goes up as a post, I am SO accountable huh? Hmm...Well here it goes!

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

This is Lindsey, the one sending you the apron. I sent it on Monday and you should have it by Friday. Yay! I love the music on your blog, especially "Lullaby for a Stormy Night." Love it! If this is your taste in music, I'll come here more often to discover other great stuff I've never heard.

Good luck on your weight loss. I've only got the one baby, but every time I see my chunky thighs and not-so-flat tummy in the mirror, I feel a little more self-loathing and a little more motivation to get my flabby butt in gear and lose that baby weight. I'm sure we'll get there!

C'mon over, pull up a chair.

C'mon over, pull up a chair.
I found these kids chairs at a flea market and got them both for $15. I love this color!

The Apron Swap

The Apron Swap
I did it! And I even made one for myself!