Friday, June 6, 2008

Ready, Set Go!

A few weeks ago, we took the kids to a local park to ride bikes. Avin finally got bike riding down to a science, I think he just needed to get his confidence up to really ride. Liam rode his Little People Firetruck, and Lavinia rode the tricycle. It was then we realized how much the little ones have grown. Liam needs the trike, and Lavinia needs new wheels. Brian and I decided right then and there that we were going to get her a bike for her bday.
When I was telling my Mom this story, she and my stepdad, said they would get the bike instead. We were not fussed about it, Lavinia had a long list of bday wishes! So, before Grammie and Papa Keith left for vacation, they came and gave Liv her early gift. We made her turn around and shut her eyes, while Grammie got it out of the car. Lavinia was so excited, and jumped up and down, shouting "a Princess bike, I got a Princess bike!" Her elation was worth watching and seeing my girl ride her "big girl bike" made our hearts swell. Liam is happy he now has full reign over the coveted tricycle now!

No comments:

C'mon over, pull up a chair.

C'mon over, pull up a chair.
I found these kids chairs at a flea market and got them both for $15. I love this color!

The Apron Swap

The Apron Swap
I did it! And I even made one for myself!