Sunday, June 15, 2008

I have survived Girls Camp 2008

I did it! I went to camp and survived! Despite missing Brian and the kids immensely, I had a fabulous five days. Our young woman in the Toledo Ohio Stake just Rock! Not only did I meet some great young woman, I was able to meet and become friends with some of the leaders from other wards. My favorite part of camp was we had all the girls read a section of the Book of Mormon including the leaders, we read the whole book in 30 minutes. I had to run back to the cabin to get my scriptures and there were groups of young woman sitting all around reading out loud. The words were like music, the spirit surrounded them. At the testimony meeting one girl got up and shared her testimony and made reference to this. She said "you could hear that words were being said, and you could kind of hear them, but what you could hear was the Truth floating all around."

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Aren't girls' camp experiences the best?! I've been in YW for 5 years, and enjoyed going to camp for 3 of them. It has made me wonder if I love it more now than I did when I was young. I'm glad it was so good for you and your girls! :)

C'mon over, pull up a chair.

C'mon over, pull up a chair.
I found these kids chairs at a flea market and got them both for $15. I love this color!

The Apron Swap

The Apron Swap
I did it! And I even made one for myself!