Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Beware of the Verrucas!

Sounds a little like a "B" horror flick does it not? In my world it has become a horror. You may ask "What is a Verruca?" For some you may know the answer, for those who do not, let me give you the definition:
verruca; verruca plantaris
A round or oval-shaped wart on the sole of the foot. The wart usually has a crack or dark spot at its centre. It can be painful when pressed against underlying tissue. Plantar warts are caused by viruses. They are very contagious and are often transmitted by walking bare foot in changing rooms.

This pretty much sums it up for you...notice the bold, colorful print? It is true, all true!
For those of you who have had these and never had pain, bravo to you! I have been in pain for over one year. Working with my podiatrist we have had them froze, lasered, cut out, used acid and duct tape, vitamin A. However with no avail, I still had the buggers popping out.
This last bout I had eleven on the ball of my left foot and one big one my right heel.
So on April 30, I had surgery. I currently have a 3x3 inch wound on my left foot, and a wound the size of 50 cent piece on my right heel. This surgery was done as outpatient, and under general anesthetic. Real fun let me tell you.
So as I sit in my pain killer state of mind, let me give you some advice:
Never, Never go barefoot in a public locker room, pool, or water park, if you do, be prepared to suffer the Verruca Wrath!

2 comments:

Abby said...

Cute blog Heather!!! So you can really say, "my feet are killing me"! Oh my gosh - I have a tiny one of those verruca thingies on my foot. Why?! I don't walk barefoot anywhere but my own home...maybe my house is contaminated. Wouldn't surprise me. I hope you recover quickly - what a bummer to have your feet all cut up.

MarangiFam said...

I'm SO sorry about your feet, I'm never showering in public again...I'm glad you're back blogging. I'll keep you company!

C'mon over, pull up a chair.

C'mon over, pull up a chair.
I found these kids chairs at a flea market and got them both for $15. I love this color!

The Apron Swap

The Apron Swap
I did it! And I even made one for myself!