Saturday, May 10, 2008

Pamper Night!

When I pushed this beautiful child from my womb and heard my husband crying "It's a girl, oh, my girl" I did not know to what level those words would mean to me. To say the least it has been a roller coaster ride with Miss Lavinia.
Having only two boys at the time to go on, we realized fast just how different this little person is. She only slept in Brian's arms. If we put her down, she would wake right up. To this day it is a task to put her to bed. She played different, wanting someone to play with, always to be by someone. And the biggest obstacle that we deal with daily is her up and down mood swings. One minute a sweet, innocent, loving girl, and the next a screaming, opinionated Banshee. But not all things were trying. I could put her in pink and purple, attach bows and lace wherever, and even paint her small toenails. I could not wait to have tea parties and pamper nights. And I have to believe that her strong self will one day be her greatest asset.
As she got older we invented "Mommy's beauty shop." It is usually after a bath, on my bed, with all the hair do-das and nail polish spread everywhere. It is where we play and more importantly have our time together. I try to do this as much as possible with all the kids, spend alone time with each of them. It is hard at times with life pulling every which way, but it sure is worth it.

No comments:

C'mon over, pull up a chair.

C'mon over, pull up a chair.
I found these kids chairs at a flea market and got them both for $15. I love this color!

The Apron Swap

The Apron Swap
I did it! And I even made one for myself!