Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Vintage Geek!

I love vintage and folk items.The older and cooler the better. I do not know what it is about it that makes me happy, it just does. Maybe it is the thrill of finding a neat item for cheap, or it is just my love of nostalgia, but it is a love of mine regardless.
I love to shop antique markets, garage sales, flea markets and art festival to find that just right item. It is even better when you find the item and it is inexpensive. Who does not like to find a deal right.
Through the years I have collected some neat things. My favorite is the Strawberry jar that was always on my Grandma's counter, old photos of my family, nick knacks, antique beads (Brian actually owns Louis and Clark beads from that time period, which were used for trade with the Natives) but that was my collection. However, since having the kitchen remodeled I am going to decorate it in prim-folk/vintage/what ever else I decide on...
So, now that Spring is here and Summer is on it's way I hope to begin finding some neat things, Wish me luck!

No comments:

C'mon over, pull up a chair.

C'mon over, pull up a chair.
I found these kids chairs at a flea market and got them both for $15. I love this color!

The Apron Swap

The Apron Swap
I did it! And I even made one for myself!