Sunday, May 25, 2008

Gardening 2008

Here we are at another year of gardening. The past few years I have not had a vegetable garden due to fact that the kids were too little and I worked full time last summer. Brian built me "another" raised bed. The past few were not in the best place. Our yard does not have the greatest soil despite my continuous efforts. We do not spray or use chemicals on the yard or garden, it all the way organic. We went to the greenhouse Bench Farms on Rt. 2. I recommend them, my cousin is married to their son. We had a beautiful family day. The kids helped decide what went in the garden. This garden is part of Avin's cub scout badge too. Lavinia planted "her strawberries" in a container and Liam helped me plant a "Pizza Container" With tomato, basil, oregano, parsley. We still need to plant a traditional Native garden on a mound. This will include corn, beans, and squash (actually pumpkin) This will be the first time I did this the traditional way. Be sure to stay tuned and watch our garden grow!

No comments:

C'mon over, pull up a chair.

C'mon over, pull up a chair.
I found these kids chairs at a flea market and got them both for $15. I love this color!

The Apron Swap

The Apron Swap
I did it! And I even made one for myself!