Sunday, May 25, 2008

Baby Samuel



Samuel a.k.a. Baby Sam, and now "Sam-a-loop" for me is my nephew. When I learned my sister was going to have a baby I was so happy that I cried. This sweet boy has become the mending glue for my sister and I. Being eight years apart, we did not have a great relationship. But the past year or so we began working on our relationship, and getting to know each other all over again. When she became pregnant, we now had an even greater bond, the one of motherhood. Samuel is such a wonderful baby. He was born with his eyes wide and awake. He looked everywhere and seemed to just take it all in, as if to say "So this is earth...wow!" We have the privilege to take care of Sam in the week, and he is smiling and seems to love hanging with Aunt Heddie and Uncle Brian. This little boy is a blessing in our family.

No comments:

C'mon over, pull up a chair.

C'mon over, pull up a chair.
I found these kids chairs at a flea market and got them both for $15. I love this color!

The Apron Swap

The Apron Swap
I did it! And I even made one for myself!