Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Field Trip to the Mud Hens!

It is the time of year when field trips are heralding the closing of another year of school. Today went to see the Toledo MudHens play against the Columbus Clippers. I signed up a few months ago to be a field trip Mom and was really excited about going. However with having the foot surgery I was not sure two weeks ago if I could go. But lucky for me I did, we had a blast. I think I had more fun then the kids did.
The day started off a bit chilly and cloudy but as the game started, the sun came out and we played ball! Unfortunately, the Hens did not win, but it was close 7 to 5, so close yet so far! Avin picked his two friends Divon and Nathan to ride with us. So as soon as the friends appeared I was ignored, I guess it is not "cool" to hang with good ole' Mom. But as soon as the popcorn/cotton candy hawkers came through the crowd I was then his best pal! So I caught some "rays", talked to an old friend, and cheered on the game!

1 comment:

Alissa Nicolau said...

Hi! - Your family looks wonderful! I am so happy to meet someone who is LDS. It would be fine if you got my name in the apron swap and weren't LDS but you are so Awesome! My parents live in Wisconsin and usually during the summer we will drive out to see them. We stayed overnite in your home town once and saw the Mud Hens stadium. It was quite a site because some sort of little boy sleep over was happening, a million pup tents were being set up all over the ball field! Do they still do this?? All the lights were on ... every little boy (and some big boys) dream. Can't wait to try on my apron!

C'mon over, pull up a chair.

C'mon over, pull up a chair.
I found these kids chairs at a flea market and got them both for $15. I love this color!

The Apron Swap

The Apron Swap
I did it! And I even made one for myself!