Friday, August 15, 2008

Moving, Ugh!

Brian and I decided to find another home for us. I am very excited for this move, I love the new house, the fact that I can purge the old and start fresh is a very calming for me. However, we have been in this home for six years and honestly I forgot what it was like to purge, pack, and move.
Let me explain:

1. I purge alot. I mean my friends tell me my house is "always so clean and organized." Well, most of the time it is. Despite the occasional Lego, socks, books and Dora items, I keep things together. I have the motto, "if you have not used it, or worn it in a year, GET RID OF IT!"

2. Packing... this is where I am at the moment. I loathe packing. I hate having to use boxes, of course I am using recycled boxes from UHaul, (Here the $ falling out of my purse?) My sister has brought a ton of boxes from work too, but I still need more. Maybe I did not purge enough? Inevitably I have a fight with packing tape. I always have it fold on me, stick to me or run out in the middle of a tape line. Not to mention when it sticks to my nails it takes off my "Mani."
But shall we not forget the hardest part of all, the children! They get into everything I am packing, pulling things out, grabbing scissors, and then when they are finished with that chaos, they turn on each other like a pack of wild dogs. So, like the prepared Mom/teacher I am, I have a bag of tricks. I have things for them to do while I pack. But alas, they only stay at the activity for an average 15 minutes and it is back on! Ugh!
So I take what I can get, packing whan and what I can.

3. Move...well that has yet to happen, we'll let you know how that goes. All I know is Brian just started a new job, I start school on the 25th, Avin starts the 26th, and I have to move by the 31. I am trying to optimistic...(Sigh)

No comments:

C'mon over, pull up a chair.

C'mon over, pull up a chair.
I found these kids chairs at a flea market and got them both for $15. I love this color!

The Apron Swap

The Apron Swap
I did it! And I even made one for myself!