Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Overcoming the plague of Boxes!

For those who are wondering, we are all moved in. Well,with the exception of my 150 pound concrete Fairy. Brian has been dreading moving her from our old garden.
The move went well, despite the extreme heat, lack of the bigger U-Haul truck, and some of our "crew" with physical limitations. But, we did it!
We pretty much have everything in order and unpacked. However, there is still some boxes here and there. Each day is a good day if I can unpack and pitch a box. Despite my effort to purge before we moved, I still look at things and think, "Why did I save this again?" I wonder why do we have so much stuff? If you think about it, our ancestors only had what they could carry on them. Look at the pioneers, they did not need a Uhaul with multiple trips back and forth. I told Brian I think it would be cool if we could just fill the bed of a pick up truck with our things and go. O.k. I am back to reality, life is good. We love our little cottage house and love being able to walk to my Mom and Keith's house. My sister lives a few blocks away and church is literally 5 minutes away. We have also realized how quiet it is here. The first few nights I could not sleep. There was no ghetto sounds, train whistles, or gunshots in the distance. Now we all sleep sound. Lavinia does not even get up at 1 a.m. any more. Life is good.

No comments:

C'mon over, pull up a chair.

C'mon over, pull up a chair.
I found these kids chairs at a flea market and got them both for $15. I love this color!

The Apron Swap

The Apron Swap
I did it! And I even made one for myself!