Friday, August 1, 2008

Adversity=Strength

All around you there is adversity. Each day there is something more to overcome. Some where along the way I have started to look for the positive, to see the glass half full rather than half empty. My favorite is "Making Lemonade out of Lemons." (Sorry if repeat this often, I just love this little diddy) It is more, and more evident the world is becoming a hard place to be. For as long as I can remember President Gordon B. Hinckley our former prophet and president of our church would say we need to be self-reliant, become strong within our families, and be prepared. Of course, we as members would say " yeah, we need to heed the words of the prophet." But in the past year it is evident. Gas is so expense, food is constantly being recalled, neighbors do not help neighbors, families are falling apart, the economy stinks, and having a job, especially in Toledo is harder and harder. We as a family have been hit with some hard stuff these past few months, but when we lose something, before we turn around we have been blessed with something new. Sure it would be easy to focus on the bad that is happening, but I have finally learned to keep the focus where it needs to be. Brian's business is doing great, he got a new job that is actually paying "something!" I am going to go back to school in a few weeks, my kid's are healthy, and our marriage is stronger then ever! No matter what happens around us, I can look and say "that which does not kill us makes us stronger" and really, really mean it.

No comments:

C'mon over, pull up a chair.

C'mon over, pull up a chair.
I found these kids chairs at a flea market and got them both for $15. I love this color!

The Apron Swap

The Apron Swap
I did it! And I even made one for myself!