Friday, October 31, 2008

Pumpkin Carving 101



Avin very determined to make his pumpkin the coolest. Even at the "ripe ol' age" of nine, he has not gotten over his uneasiness over the pumpkin "guts."

As with most families we carved our pumpkins for our Family Home evening night. Between soccer games, school, parties, and all the wonderful things that come with a family, our FHE nights are often changing. Regardless of how the week is going, we set aside a night for just our family to do something together. The world is fast becoming a horrible place and we have been counseled to spend time with our families. It is a must! The problems in the world I believe would be solved if family came first. One family at a time.

This was Liam's first year getting to "gut" the pumpkin. He was not to keen on it as most kids are not. Lavinia, gave step by step instructions to Brian as to how her pumpkin was going be. Avin of course drew a complicated design that caused poor Brian's hand to ache. But the best part was the kids ALL tried a pumpkin seed, and they all agreed that they are "delicious!" I am always amazed by this little people who occupy my heart and home.

No comments:

C'mon over, pull up a chair.

C'mon over, pull up a chair.
I found these kids chairs at a flea market and got them both for $15. I love this color!

The Apron Swap

The Apron Swap
I did it! And I even made one for myself!