Thursday, July 3, 2008

A Day for Art

We love art! Brian and I have always had that in common. We have both been blessed with not only the love of art, but we have some creative genes of our own. Though Brian by far is the most accomplished in his creativity! Every year the Toledo Botanical Gardens hosts the Crosby Arts Festival. The artists come from all over to set up in one of the most beautiful places here in Toledo. Brian had never been to the festival, so I was excited for him to go. We got a babysitter for a few hours and made it a date "day" of it.

The coolest artist was a doll maker. She hand makes these dolls. I really wanted one. Each doll had their own individual look and story. We spent some time talking to her, she was just as cool as her creations. Her business is called The Doll Makers.com. Check them out!

Throughout the gardens are incredible sculptures. This one is one of my favorites. However, this photo does not give it justice. It is very three dimensional and enormous. Plus I think it is time to update our camera, it is not acting right. Or maybe just maybe it is the operator!





This cabin once belonged to the famous Toledo settler and War of 1812 scout Peter Navarre. He was the brother to my 5th Great-grandfather, Antoine Navarre. I wish these walls
could talk! The cabin was brought to the gardens years ago for protection and safe keeping.








No comments:

C'mon over, pull up a chair.

C'mon over, pull up a chair.
I found these kids chairs at a flea market and got them both for $15. I love this color!

The Apron Swap

The Apron Swap
I did it! And I even made one for myself!