Sunday, July 20, 2008

Costuming!

All in the fun of "Seuss" I have been working on costumes for the play now. We were all in charge of our own costumes, and being the little Mother that I am, I told my fellow Bird Girls that I would make their costumes. I am also making Gertrude McFuzz's dress, and did the Sour Kangaroo, and made bloomers for my pal Candie's daughter. Now alot of you know that my sewing skills are not that advanced, but will say I have come a long way, thanks to the wisdom of Laura, my mom, and Brian. I love to take on a new challenge, and the more creative I can be the better. But "Oh, the things you get into when you bite off more than you can chew!" ( this is me trying to sing my dilemma with "Oh, the things you can think! from Seussical. LOL!) I set unrealistic goals on myself. For instance, I wanted to get everything done in one week. Of course that does NOT happen and there I am sitting in front of my sewing machine at 2 in the morning, frustrated, bouncing my leg and complaining against every injustice in the world. Not to mention I am jacked up on Diet Pepsi, chocolate, and I have just seam ripped the same seam for the fourth time. Arrgghhh!
But my friend Candie a.k.a. "Mrs. Major" in the play, is keeping me sane. She is my partner in crime. We have been fabric shopping, web surfing ideas, drawing, and sewing. She has been a great help when it comes down to embellishing the costumes. I could not do this without her.

No comments:

C'mon over, pull up a chair.

C'mon over, pull up a chair.
I found these kids chairs at a flea market and got them both for $15. I love this color!

The Apron Swap

The Apron Swap
I did it! And I even made one for myself!