Monday, March 9, 2009

Ballerina and a visit from a friend



It is official, Lavinia is now in Ballet! Yep, following after her good ol' Mom's footsteps. Well, actually I did not start dancing until I was 8. We have talked a lot about it and decided to sign her up. Her face says it all! She went right into her class with Miss Heather (what do ya know!) and was ready to start being a prima ballerina. At the end of her half an hour class, we were getting our coats on when the next group of children were coming in. The class after ours is Tap. Lavinia immediately stopped putting her coat on, stared at their shoes and promptly looked up at me with excited eyes and said "Mom, what are those shoes?" "Tap shoes" I answered. She took another look, got a huge smile on her face and said " I want to do that too, I LOVE them!" So, will she stick it out in Ballet or go for a more energetic approach? Well if you know our daughter, I am sure you can answer this for yourself. However, she may decide to do both. It has begun!



Liam brought home a friend from school. His name is Longneck. Do not fear, a parent did not name their child this, but our friend is a stuffed giraffe. Liam's classroom is named the "Giraffes" and Longneck is their mascot. For an activity, the teachers pick a child to take him home over a weekend. He comes with a digital camera and a binder of instuctions, and past journal entries made by the children (with a some help from us) The goal is to have the children include Longneck in their activities, then on Sunday sum up what they did with him over the weekend. Liam took this "job" very seriously and made sure that Longneck had a busy and fun time here in the Dreier house. We were all sad to see Longneck leave, and we hope to have him visit soon!

No comments:

C'mon over, pull up a chair.

C'mon over, pull up a chair.
I found these kids chairs at a flea market and got them both for $15. I love this color!

The Apron Swap

The Apron Swap
I did it! And I even made one for myself!